Peppermint Tea – 55g
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is an aromatic herb in the mint family that is a cross between water mint and spearmint.
Native to Europe and Asia, it has been used for thousands of years for its pleasant, minty taste and health benefits. Peppermint leaves contain several essential oils including menthol, menthone and limonene. Menthol gives peppermint its cooling properties and recognizably minty scent. While peppermint tea is often drunk for its flavour, it may also have several health benefits.
THE BENEFITS OF PEPPERMINT TEA & EXTRACTS:
- May Ease Digestive Upsets
Peppermint may relieve digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating and indigestion. Peppermint has been shown to relax muscles in your digestive system and improve various digestive symptoms. Therefore, peppermint tea may provide similar benefits.
- May Help Relieve Tension Headaches and Migraines
As peppermint acts as a muscle relaxant and pain reliever, it may diminish certain types of headaches.
- May Freshen Your Breath
There’s a reason why peppermint is a common flavouring for toothpastes, mouthwashes and chewing gums. In addition to its pleasant smell, peppermint has antibacterial properties that help kill germs that cause dental plaque — which may improve your breath.
- May Relieve Clogged Sinuses
Peppermint has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this, peppermint tea may fight clogged sinuses due to infections, the common cold and allergies.
- May Improve Energy
Peppermint tea may improve energy levels and reduce daytime fatigue.
- May Help Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Because peppermint acts as a muscle relaxant, it may relieve menstrual cramps
- May Fight Bacterial Infections
- May Improve Your Sleep
Peppermint tea is an ideal choice before bed, as it’s naturally caffeine-free. What’s more, peppermint’s capacity as a muscle relaxant may help you relax before bedtime
- May Aid Weight Loss
Peppermint tea is naturally calorie-free and has a pleasantly sweet flavour, which makes it a smart choice when you’re trying to lose weight.
- May Improve Seasonal Allergies
Peppermint contains rosmarinic acid, a plant compound found in rosemary and plants in the mint family. Rosmarinic acid is linked to reduced symptoms of allergic reactions, such as runny nose, itchy eyes and asthma.
- May Improve Concentration
Drinking peppermint tea may help improve your ability to concentrate and focus.
HOW TO BREW OUR ROSEHIP TEA:
- Shake product before use.
- Bring water to a rapid boil in kettle or sauce pan.
- Place 5g of the loose-leaf tea into a tea infuser. Set the infuser in a cup.
- Pour the boiling water through the infuser into the cup and let the tea steep for 3-5 mins. (Do not steep for too long as it might become bitter)
- Remove the infuser from the hot water and discard the tea leaves. (Be careful as it is still HOT.)
- Add some honey and lemon to taste.
Cautions and Storage info:
Store below 25ºC in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. Use within 24 months.
Mentha Piperita leaf.
Manufactured & Distributed by:
Lady Rose Head Office
639 Honeyguide Way, Xanadu Nature Estate, Hartbeespoort.
Product of South Africa.
010 593 2753
Product weight including packaging: 125g