Lemongrass Tea – 55g
Lemongrass has a fresh, lemony aroma and a citrus flavour. Lemongrass contains the inflammation-fighting compounds chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, and swertiajaponin. Inflammation is a factor in many adverse health conditions, including pain and heart disease. As such, lemongrass tea could be a beneficial drink for people to incorporate into their diet.
BENEFITS OF LEMONGRASS TEA:
- May Relieve Anxiety
Many people find sipping hot tea to be relaxing, but lemongrass tea may offer further anxiety-reducing properties.
- May Help Lower Cholesterol
- Could Prevent Infection
According to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, study results suggest that lemongrass may have some infection-preventing capabilities. For example, the herb seems to reduce the incidence of thrush, a fungal infection that commonly affects people with weakened immune systems, such as those with
- May Boost Oral Health
In many countries where the lemongrass plant is native to the area, people will take the lemongrass stalks and chew on them as a way to improve dental health and keep the mouth feeling clean.
- May Relieve Pain
According to one study, (Medical News Today) lemongrass may be able to block pain. This means that drinking lemongrass tea could potentially help to prevent a person from sensing pain.
- Could Boost Red Blood Cell Levels
The results of a 2015 study suggest that drinking lemongrass tea infusions daily for 30 days can increase haemoglobin concentration, packed cell volume, and red blood cell count in the body.
- May Relieve Bloating
Drinking lemongrass tea can have diuretic effects, which means that it stimulates the kidneys to release more urine than usual.
HOW TO BREW OUR LEMONGRASS TEA:
- Shake product before use.
- Bring water to a rapid boil in kettle or sauce pan.
- Place 5g of the loose-leaf tea into a tea infuser. Set the infuser in a cup.
- Pour the boiling water through the infuser into the cup and let the tea steep for 3-5 mins. (Do not steep for too long as it might become bitter)
- Remove the infuser from the hot water and discard the tea leaves. (Be careful as it is still HOT.)
- Add some honey and lemon to taste.
Cautions and Storage info:
Store below 25ºC in a dry place, away from direct sunlight. Use within 24 months.
Cymbopogon Citratus leaf (Lemongrass tea).
Manufactured & Distributed by:
Lady Rose Head Office
639 Honeyguide Way, Xanadu Nature Estate, Hartbeespoort.
Product of South Africa.
010 593 2753