Lemongrass Essential Oil 15ml
Lemongrass essential oil is used to relieve muscle pain, externally to kill bacteria, ward off insects, reduce body aches, and to help your digestive system. The compounds that make up lemongrass essential oil are known to have antifungal, insecticidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Lemongrass may prevent the growth of some bacteria and yeast, and it contains antioxidant properties. It also contains substances that are used to alleviate muscle pain, reduce fever, plus stimulate uterus and menstrual flow.
Lemongrass essential oil is a source of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and vitamin C. It also provides essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron.
Product benefits & How to use:
- Natural Deodoriser and Cleaner
Use lemongrass oil as a natural and safe air freshener or deodoriser.
- Skin Health
One major lemongrass essential oil benefit is its skin healing properties.
- Hair Health
Lemongrass oil can strengthen your hair follicles, so if you are struggling with hair loss or an itchy and irritated scalp, massage a few drops of lemongrass oil into your scalp for two minutes and then rinse. The soothing and bacteria-killing properties will leave your hair shiny, fresh and odour-free.
- Natural Bug Repellent
Because of its high citral and geraniol content, lemongrass oil is known to repel bugs such as mosquitoes and ants. This natural repellent has a mild smell and can be sprayed directly on the skin.
- Stress and Anxiety Reducer
Lemongrass is one of several essential oils for anxiety. The calming and mild smell of lemongrass oil is known to relieve anxiety and irritability.
- Muscle Relaxer
Lemongrass oil benefits also include its ability to help relieve muscle aches, cramps and spasms. It may also help to improve circulation.
- Detoxifying Antifungal Abilities
Lemongrass oil or tea has been used as a detoxifier in several countries. It is known to detox the digestive tract, liver, kidneys, bladder and pancreas.
- Menstrual Cramp Relief: Drinking lemongrass tea is known to help women with menstrual cramps; it can also help with nausea and irritability.
- Stomach Helper: Lemongrass has been known for centuries anecdotally as a cure for stomach distress, gastritis and gastric ulcers. Now research is catching up with this long known support and cure.
- Headache Relief: Lemongrass oil is also often recommended for relief from headaches. The calming and soothing effects of lemongrass oil have the power to relieve the pain, pressure, or tension that can cause headaches.
- Bacteria Killer: A study done in 2012 tested the effects that lemongrass has as an antibacterial property. Micro-organisms were tested with a disk diffusion method; lemongrass essential oil was added to a staph infection and the results indicated that lemongrass oil disrupted the infection and works as an antimicrobial (or bacteria killing) agent. The citral and limonene content in lemongrass oil can kill or stifle the growth of bacteria and fungi. This will help you avoid getting infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot or other types of fungus.
- Fever Reducer: Lemongrass is known to contain substances that are believed to reduce a fever and also to relieve pain and swelling.
- Supports Your Immune System: Lemongrass oil can help to boost your immune system with its antimicrobial and therapeutic properties.
- Helps Digestive Problems: Lemongrass oil can help relieve pain from gas irritation in the stomach and bowels. It’s also been shown to have antidiarrheal effects.
- Reduces Inflammation: In vitro research has shown that lemongrass oil has powerful anti-inflammatory abilities when used, considering that inflammation is at the root of most diseases.
- Powerful Antioxidant Effects: Studies have shown that lemongrass oil has powerful antioxidant activity with the ability to fight off disease-causing free radicals.
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Fights the Flu and Colds: According to a scientific article published in 2011, “As a vaporiser, the oil works as an effective panacea against bacteria, flus and colds.” Lemongrass oil can fight bacteria and can help to combat airborne illnesses like the common cold, especially when used with a vaporiser. If your body temperature is higher than normal, lemongrass oil can also have a cooling effect.
Cautions and Storage info:
Uses of Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Aromatically: You can diffuse it throughout your home using an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
- Topically: To use lemongrass oil topically, it should always be diluted with a carrier oil like Rosehip oil in a 1:1 ratio before applying to directly to your skin. Since it is a potent oil, start very slowly and use only a few drops at a time.
- Always purchase lemongrass essential oil that is 100 %, certified organic and therapeutic grade, as is our Lady Rose Essential oil range.
Lemongrass Oil Precautions:
If you have a rather sensitive skin and use lemongrass essential oil topically, side effects may include a rash, discomfort or even a burning sensation. Perform a patch test first to make sure you have no irritations and dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil. Because lemongrass stimulates menstrual flow, it should not be used by women who are pregnant as there is a slight chance that this may lead to a miscarriage. Lemongrass oil should not be used while breastfeeding and it should not be used topically on children under the age of two. If you’re being treated for a medical condition or you are currently taking medication, speak with your healthcare provider before using lemongrass oil.
Caution! Please take note! Because we care about you and your family, we do not recommend ingesting any essential oils. They are highly concentrated and can be extremely toxic to your health and epithelial cells. (Always avoid eyes, sinuses, mouth, throat, and stomach.) Before using essential oil topically, ALWAYS do a patch test. Do not use undiluted essential oils on your skin, always use with a carrier oil or cream. If any irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately and seek medical attention. Consult your healthcare practitioner before using essential oils, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any pre-existing medical conditions. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Always use oils responsibly and with due diligence. If skin irritation occurs discontinue use.
For external use only. Store below 25ºC, away from direct sunlight. Use within 48 months once opened.
Cymbopogon schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil.
Manufactured & Distributed by:
Lady Rose Head Office
639 Honeyguide Way, Xanadu Nature Estate, Hartbeespoort.
Product of South Africa.
010 593 2753